Medium-chain triglyceride is actually abbreviated as MCT and is basically made up of medium-chain fatty acids. The chemical structure of MCT contains strings of carbon and hydrogen and these strings can be long, short or medium. The length of the chain depends on the number of carbon atoms present in it as short chain fats contain less than 6 carbons whereas 13-21 carbons are present in long-chain fatty acids. It is MCTs whose carbon atoms range from 6-12 thus forming string of medium length. The three fatty acids which are categorized as MCTs are as follows:
- Caproic acid(also known as hexanoic acid )
- Caprylic acid(also known as octanoic acid)
- Capric acid(also known as decanoic acid)
Best Mct Oils Reviewed in 2020
Best MCT Oils and MCT Powders Reviewed for Apr. 2020
Bulletproof Brain Octane, 32 Ounce : [Best Mct Oil]
As brain octane is naturally available in minimal amounts in coconut oil so here we are providing you with the concentrated form of this energy. It will surely enhance your cognitive performance and will supply energy to your mental and physical health briskly. Make it a component of your routines and you will experience a downfall in your food cravings while obtaining an absolute satisfaction. It will also upgrade your performance level.
- It is unoccupied by harsh chemicals and solvents as it encounter our unique triple distillation method that involves only water, heat and pressure. You will explore it as an extremely clean and pure product.
- When you use brain octane, it gets instantly absorbed and converts into ketone bodies, thus furnishing brain with immediate energy. It prevents carbohydrate breakdown into glucose and enables you to experience the effects of quality fuel.
- It is not extracted by palm oil but is originally derived from coconut oil so that wild orangutan habitat could be safeguarded in south East Asia. Best parts of coconut are used to make brain octane so that produced oil gets metabolized into ketones speedily in comparison to other oils.
- Brain octane yields 4x the ketone energy of an ordinary coconut oil and promotes healthy digestion along with improved immunity.
- Odorless and tasteless
- One can easily get used to it
- Gives energy and focus
- Moisturizes skin
- Improves skin complexion and gives glow
- Helps to retain memory.
- Poor packaging
- Gets spilled every time when poured
- Quite expensive
Jarrow Formulas MCT Oil, Supports Brain and Muscles, 20 Fluid Ounce:
- It rapidly supplies energy to the brain.
- Functions as a quick metabolic fuel for muscles.
- It acts as a strong support for a Low-Carb and is a major component of ketogenic diet.
- Maintains energy for whole day.
- Tasteless and odorless
- No side effects
- Aids in losing weight
- Not expensive
- Provides you a restful feeling
- Adversely affects digestive system when consumed too much.
Nature’s Way, Mct Oil from Cocunut:
- It contains medium chain fatty acids extracted from coconut. We guarantee you 100% potentiality of our product. It is Non-GMO project verified and 14gm of MCTs are available per serving. You can go through supplement facts which reveal you the content of saturated fats and total fats.
- Our product is absolutely pure and is not extracted from fillers or palms but from high quality coconuts.it is certainly a tasteless product having no smell and is completely hexane free.
- The oil is 100% concentrated with MCTs. 14gm of MCTs are available per serving including capric and caprylic acids. The content of total fat and saturated fats can be checked by supplement facts.
- It can be easily consumed while mixed in shakes, smoothies and other drinks or you can directly take it through a spoon.
- Available in BPA-free bottle.
- Available at reasonable price.
- Equipped with non-drip cap.
- Easily gets mixed in liquids.
- Perfect for keto diet
- Can be mixed in salads as well.
- Reduces hunger
- Product description depicts that MCTs are present but do not specify their type.
- Becomes solid when placed in refrigerator.
Onnit Mct Oil :
- Onnit MCT oil is 100% refined, unmixed and have an exclusive quality. it contains lauric acid but no traces of palm oil as it is originally extracted from coconuts. Additionally, it is flavorless and contains no fillers and additives.
- MCTs are healthy fats as they provide power to brain in the form of ketones. Ketones are also fundamental source of ATP energy for the body. Onnit MCT oil is especially serviceable to those consumers who primarily want to stick to ketogenic diet. This form of diet uses fats instead for carbs in order to provide energy. The oil is suitable for low carb diets including Paleo diet as well as for weight management programs.
- It is flavorless, has no smell and can be conveniently consumed while mixed in shakes, smoothies, salads, unheated sauces and a lot more other eatables. But it should be avoided for use with Styrofoam or other such kind of material.
- It works marvelously with coffee and makes your morning cup of joe creamy, frothy and a yummy source of nourishment for the whole day. It enhances your focus and cognitive clarity. Along with this all, it is an organic, non-GMO verified and vegan-friendly product.
- Onnit MCT oil is an outstanding replacement of coconut oil for MCTs. Coconut oil is furnished with minimal amounts of MCTs, specifically C8(caprylic acid) and C10(capryc acid). These two sorts of MCTs are simply precious as they can easily get converted to caloric energy as compared to other saturated fat forms.
- Tasteless and odorless
- Makes you feel full for longer time
- Energizes you for the whole day
- Sometimes upsets stomach
- After consumption, tongue feels like coated with it.
Twinlab MCT Fuel :
- Our product works as an extremely healthy fuel that it provides energy more than two times greater in comparison to proteins and carbohydrates.
- Cures muscle cramps
- Gives energy
- Have no side effects
- Improves stamina
- Its orange flavor tastes pathetic
- Full of chemicals and glucose.
SPORTS RESEARCH MCT OIL:
- It is extracted by checked, confirmed, verified, wholesome and hand-picked coconuts. No fillers, flavors and additives are discovered in viva naturals MCT oil. It is manufactured in US and tested by third party with every batch.
- Our product suits to consumers with paleo or low- carb diet as medium chain triglycerides do not function as other fats. They do not require enzymes to be broken down instead they produce ketone bodies that supply with alternative energy source for higher fat burning potential. Thus it helps you to lose your weight.
- It not only energizes you but enhances your cognitive concentration as well. When carbs of your body are below requirement or body is unable to utilize them properly then MCTs yield ketones that act as fuel suppliers to brain. Viva naturals MCT oil upgrades you stamina along with your athletic abilities.
- Our product in completely flavorless having no smell. Traditional oils can be replaced with our viva naturals MCT oil for salad dressings, sauces, shakes, smoothies and much more. By mixing it in your morning cup of java, you can enjoy a perfect combo.
- Mix it in your coffee and enjoy an uninfluenced flavor along with therapeutic qualities of our MCT oil. It will also provide you with long lasting and bulletproof power. Just you need to blend it for smooth consistency. Initially, take one tablespoon of our MCT oil and increase your intake slowly up to three tablespoon when you feel your stomach has become used to it. In case you don’t follow the precaution, you may catch mild intestinal disorder. Remember; never take it with an empty stomach.
- Heals muscle cramps
- Boosts energy
- Helps to stay in constant ketosis
- Can be used for cooking and baking
- Cuts appetite.
- Has strong chemical flavor
- Upsets stomach
Source of MCT Oil :
Coconut oil is the healthiest source of these MCTs and thus MCT oil is actually derived from coconuts. Vast research has been made on medium chain fats present in coconut oil and their therapeutic properties are also explored.
As MCTs help you to maintain your normal metabolism, so it can be consumed wholly through MCT oil. Other sources that have some supply of MCTs are as follow:
- Coconut oil (15%)
- Palm kernel oil (7.5%)
- Butter (6.8%)
- Milk (6.9%)
- Yogurt (6.6%)
When do you need Best MCT Oil?
In regular diet
An individual needs to add MCT oil in his diet when he feels helpless to follow regular exercise schedules during his busy routines as this oil is a key to weight loss through fat burn as per various research and case study. It can be easily mixed in some sorts of eatables like coffee, smoothies, shakes etc in order to be consumed. So an obese person needs not to give spare time as it can be conveniently taken through salads as well.
To help with Food Cravings :
In case you are fed up of your food cravings that are leading to increase in weight, It will help by making you feel full for longer period of time thus depressing your appetite and aiding in weight loss
Promotes Metabolic Rate :
MCT oil does not allow fat accumulation and do not force the body to spend energy for the breakdown of its MCTs thus restoring energy for brain while promoting metabolic rate.
For Digestive Issues
A person suffering from any sort of digestive issues like gallbladder infection must replace the usual oil with MCT oil in cooking. The ease with which MCTs content of MCT oil get digested help to cope with various absorption issues.
When you want to avoid dullness :
MCT oil is an awesome source to energize you for the whole day. If one feels dullness in his routine activities then MCT oil is the best remedy to make him alert, active and focused towards his job.
- A person relying on low carb diet must add MCT oil to his diet as it aids in keeping an individual in constant ketosis. The ketogenic effect of MCT oil helps to treat sufferers of epilepsy as well.
- Athletes must surely take MCT oil either directly through spoon or by mixing it in eatables. The absorption rate, rapid metabolism and the energy density of people practicing physical exertions turns their direction towards MCT oil over other oils due to its dominating benefits.
Given information about qualities and properties of various MCT oils by different brands concludes that above mentioned products boost your energy level, upgrade your stamina and enhances your focus and clarity. They can be consumed with high level of ease and work best in terms of weight loss. However, every product has some pros and cons that help you to select the brand according to your physical and mental state. Addition of MCT oils in regular routines gives you productive outcome as it is a healthy and profound item. So step ahead and try to bring dramatic changes in your lives.
The benefits of MCT oil are as follows.
Doesn’t irritate people with infections :
MCT oil does not irritate people with compromised digestive system that may include gallbladder infections and other malabsorption issues as it gets easily absorbed in the bloodstream through gastrointestinal tract.
Increases body energy :
It also restores body energy by not requiring bile secretion as other oils urge bile to get secreted from liver and gall bladder for emulsification. In this way bile gets restored in the gallbladder to be utilized for high fat meals.
Not every fatty acid is bad and these fatty acids show potential in maintaining healthy weight and diminishing fat storage, as per the observation in more than 25 studies referenced here.
Helps you in loosing weight :
If you need to lose extra body fat then must start focusing on MCT oil as it increases satiety and promotes metabolic rate thus enhancing fat burn while making you feel full. Meanwhile it also degrades your food cravings thus stopping you from cakes and pastries. MCTs also do not allow fat deposition through their regulated thermogenesis.
They also promote the production of ketones specifically if you are not following a ketogenic diet. They function as ketogenic fats through their heating effects and have the potential to provide energy even if you are not consuming good amount of carbohydrates.
Medium chain fatty acids present in MCT oil contribute towards maintaining your gut environment by operating against fatal bacteria, fungi and other viruses. They destroy great number of strains and pathogenic bacteria that are the root causes of constipation, diarrhea, food poisoning and other digestive disorders.
“The Bullet Proof Diet”. The Bulletproof Diet, written by Dave Asprey, is a dietary approach for rapid and fast weight reduction whichthat recommends you receive 50–70 percent of your energy from healthy fats, especially from MCT oil and similar to them.
MCT oils are loaded with antioxidant properties and cure inflammation thus aid in improving cardiac health and hinder fat accumulation also.
Psychology Today suggests that by using MCT oil for 50% of your calories, you could eat a 1.2:1:1 fat:carb:protein diet
It enhances mental development by the optimal supply of fatty acids to the brain which act as fuel for cognitive progress. MCTs hurriedly get transferred across blood-brain barrier and get oxidized by brain. They provide fuel to brain through generation of ketones as well. MCT oil helps your mind to behave sharply, actively and energetically.
It also balances your hormone levels and lifts your mood as well.
The fat-soluble nutrients from other foods also get easily absorbed by MCFA(medium chain fatty acid) content of MCT oil.
According to some experts, MCTs work like carbohydrates as they enrich body with immediate energy supply. However in contrast to carbohydrates, MCTs do not raise blood sugar level or insulin level that leads to diabetes.
Coconut Oil vs MCT Oil
This video will explain key benefits features and differences between both oils.
- Conlon L, King R, Moran N, Erdman J Jr., 2012. Coconut Oil Enhances Tomato Carotenoid Tissue Accumulation Compared to Safflower Oil in the Mongolian Gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus). J Agric Food Chem; Gunstone F, (2001) Structured and Modified Lipids, CRC Press, 498.
- “3 Reasons You Should Try Oil Pulling.” The Huffington Post; Singh A, Purohit B, (2011) Tooth brushing, oil pulling and tissue regeneration: A review of holistic approaches to oral health. J Ayurveda Integr M 2(2):64-8.
Conclusion and Final Ending on Best MCT Oil in 2019
This was the list on best mct oil powders we have find in the market. The list is prepared after countless testings, reading different expert opinions online and after going through extensive research on different customer reviews.[ratings]