- 1 List of my Recommended Best Neck Pillows
- 1.1 Coop Home Goods – PREMIUM Adjustable Loft – Shredded Hypoallergenic Certipur Memory Foam Pillow with washable removable cover – Amazon’s Recommended Choice
- 1.2 Fine Pillow Best for Side & Back Sleepers | Luxury Cluster Fiber Sleeping Bed Pillow for Neck & Back Pain Relief
- 1.3 Nature’s Guest Cervical Support Pillow – Fully adjustable, doctor recommended contour design – Helps reduce neck and back pain, improve cervical health
- 1.4 Jiaao Memory Foam Pillow for Neck Pain Orthopedic Contoured Support Pillow for Sleeping, Best Bed Pillow for Side & Back Sleepers
- 1.5 Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
- 1.6 USUNO Cervical Neck and Shoulder Relaxation Pillow – Best Stiff Neck and Shoulder Pain Relief Support Neck Pillow
- 1.7 Contour Memory Foam Pillow,ESEOE Best Sleep Innovations Cervical Pillows for Neck Pain,Neck Support Pillow
- 1.8 Cervical Neck Traction Pillow For Sleeping
- 1.9 Features to look before buying the best pillow for neck pain:
- 1.10 FAQ related to neck pillow :
- 1.11 Additional Resources
- 1.12 Conclusion on Neck Pillow Review :
How Pillow can help you in reducing your neck pain?
- A pillow’s one of the major tasks is to keep your head parallel to the mattress. If you are utilizing a good structured pillow, then your head should bend neither down nor up as these postures stress the neck and form the root cause of strained neck muscles. Getting learned about the type of pillow that suits to one’s sleeping position could be the first step towards healthy and stable neck.
- If you are a side sleeper or a back sleeper, then you are undoubtedly following healthy sleeping posture quite suitable for your neck as sleeping on stomach is extremely unfavorable for neck muscles.
- Sleeping on back demands a rounded pillow that contours the natural curve of your neck with a thinner and flatter pillow that cushions your head. For this purpose you can choose a pillow with a built-in neck support or you can tuck a neck roll into the pillowcase.
- On the other hand, if you sleep on your side then a relatively thicker pillow is required so that your neck and head can be appropriately positioned in the middle of shoulders.
Types of Pillows
Below are some types of pillow that play an amazing role in alleviating neck pains:
- Feather pillows easily configure according to the neck shape but they don’t provide neck with required stability thus leaving your cervical spine to ach awfully. However they deteriorate with time and need to be replaced every year or so.
- Down pillows are quite supportive towards neck muscles but require more fluffiness.
- Cervical contour pillows serve best to most people as they allow head to rest in depression while placing your neck on a slightly raised side if you are sleeping on your back and on a more raised side if you are a side sleeper.
- Pillows that are manufactured with “memory foam” encourage the appropriate spinal alignment as they accurately contour head and neck. These can be cervical pillows or traditionally shaped pillows.
- A pillow that is high and stiff beyond normality will definitely cause your neck muscles to ache severally as it will keep your neck flexed overnight.
- Side sleepers must use a higher pillow under neck than head so that their spine could remain straight.
- Your neck will be well supported by a horseshoe shaped pillow while travelling in a plain, bus or train or even while watching tv. This pillow will absolutely protect your head from dropping to one side in case you sleep.
- A huge pillow behind the neck will push head forward thus badly effecting neck muscles.
- A stiff mattress acquires a thicker pillow as your shoulders won’t dig into the mattress. Thicker pillow at a firm mattress will definitely relax and sooth neck muscles.
- Buckwheat pillows give you a cool sensation along with maximum neck support as you sleep on your side. These pillows are priced reasonably.
List of my Recommended Best Neck Pillows
Features to look before buying the best pillow for neck pain:
- Do consider the pillow fill. Usually, pillow fillings are that of down feathers, synthetic/polyester fiber and foam.
- Feather pillows are a little bit expensive but they last longer and enrich you with utmost comfort.
- Synthetic/polyester fiber pillows are quite suitable to allergy prone users and are medium-priced and machine washable as well.
- In case your cervical spine needs a firmer support then simply opt for spongy memory foam or Tempur-Pedic pillows but these pillows do not give you a cooling sensation.
- Next come the thread count. The quantity of the thread count is directly proportional to its durability as well as the price. A pillow that measures 20” by 26” with 300 thread count proves to be quite economical along with the provision of comfort. But as the thread count increases till 1000, you will have to pay heavy amount and the comfort achievement will be great.
- Fluffiness of the pillow ensures its optimal support through improved and finer cushioning and the circulation of fresh air through it. A flatter pillow in contrast does not support well. Check the fluffiness of the pillow by folding in a half. If it gets unfold immediately and fluffs back then you have chosen the right one.
- Always opt for that pillow that suits well to your sleeping position e.g side sleeping, back sleeping and stomach sleeping.. if you are a back sleeper then go for a medium fluffed pillow so that your head and chin can be lifted and breathing can be promoted and a thicker pillow is required if you are used to sleep on your sides. A stomach sleeper is suggested to take a thinner pillow so that your muscles will not be overstretched.
- Before purchasing, just check the care label of pillow and make sure you can fulfill all the recommendations. Some pillows require dry cleaning while others need spot treatment so you need to be learned about all the safety requirements before paying money.
- Must test your selected pillow. Try it for 10 minutes at store if it’s possible and if not bring it home and use it without removing the plastic cover in order to check the support and comfort of pillow. If you feel unhappy with your purchase, then you can easily return it as it will be packed as new.
- Consider your height and weight before choosing a pillow for your neck support. The smaller you are, smaller pillow you will need. Select from ‘small’,’ medium’ and ‘large’.
- Are Neck Pillows Washable?
- What’s the Price Range For Neck Pillows?
- Using a wrong pillow can cause a pain in the neck?
- Is it bad to sleep without a neck pillow?
- Is it more important to change my mattress or the pillow if i’m having a swere pain in my neck?
- What is the best neck pillow for me?
- Can the neck pillow help me with sleep apnea?
Conclusion on Neck Pillow Review :
I have tried to discuss about cons and pros of neck pillows with their possible benefits and how it can help. However, over use of anything can be harmful, so it’s a good idea to keep it in balance. Using the right pillow has many benefits not only to your health, but it can also help you in reducing injuries, improving your sleep etc. Happy buying.