A best posture bra is a customised sort of bra which can be worn around the back and shoulders. it is drafted in a way that helps the users to minimise upper back and neck pain. In comparison to a normal bra, a posture bra basically has strengthened straps that cross the wearer’s back while pulling the shoulders backward and providing strong support. It acts as a good remedy to bad posture and helps to re-align spine, back, neck and shoulders in an absolutely automated way. However, bras that improve posture are little harder to wear, some also confuse it with normal bra’s but they are totally different.
Best Posture Bra Reviewed for 2020
Checkout the collection of best posture bras from all around the world wide web. They are short listed after doing a detailed research on their usability, comfortability and market review.
Glamorise Women’s MagicLift Front Close Posture Back Support Bra
- The related posture bra comprises of 40% nylon, 30% polyester, 20% cotton and 10% elastane.
- It is an imported product.
- Equipped with hook and eye closure.
- You can wash it easily with hands.
- It is a V-neck bra that contains well-shaped cups along with zigzag stitching at seams.
- Best feature is the posture-aiding support bands situated at back.
- Contains multi-adjustable front hook design as well.
- Also furnished with extra wide back with adjusting straps.
Pros & Cons
- Perfect for everyday wear.
- Relieves back pain
- Comfortable and cool
- Does not move around
- Soft fabric
- Straps do not slip down
- Not a sexy item
- Does not lift your breasts
- Does not provide required support to heavy breasts.
Playtex Women’s Front-Close Bra with Flex Back – Best Posture Bra
- The cups, straps and bands of our product are made up of 100% polyester.
- An imported item
- Contains a hook and eye closure.
- The micro fiber cups not only feature breathable mesh paneling but also hook-and-eye front closure along with floral pattern over it.
- Provides you with adjustable fit and support through its wire-free M-frame.
- The alterable straps are padded ones in order to facilitate you through its cushioning.
- Crisscross elastic back is designed to give you a custom fit.
Pros & Cons
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Padded straps do not dig in
- Gives you plenty of support
- Front closure makes it easy to put on and take off.
- Makes you stand straighter
- The crisscross back is quite comfortable
- Fabric is un comfortably stiff and itchy
- Not stretchy enough
IntelliSkin Women’s Empower 2.0 Posturecue Sports Bra
- It is made up of 56% nylon and 44% lycra power.
- Posturecue sports bra plays an important role in improving athletic performance.
Pros & Cons
- Gives you good support
- Eliminates muscular stiffness
- Encourages you to have better posture
- Very comfortable product
- Does not suffocate you
- Relieves little pressure over your head as well
- Decreases back soreness
- Hard to put on and take off
- Bra straps cut into arm
- You get used to it after sometime.
Sense-U SMART Posture Corrector Bra – Cheap Posture Bra
- The most unique feature of this posture bra is that it alarms you through vibration if you slump. It ameliorates your posture immediately in an efficient way while allowing you to move freely.
- The revolutionary and unmatched non-metal flexible wire technology of this world’s first smart posture corrector bra makes it an extremely comfortable and supportive device for your daily use.
- It comprises of extremely soft flexible band, breathable fabric and wireless cups. All these components make the posture bra so pleasant that you can hardly feel you have it on.
- Convenient pull-on closure and the compactness of our product allow you to put it on easily. Just put your sense-U mart device just below your collar bone beneath your strap and use the magnetic clasp to fix it in place.
- Reminds you to move when seated for a specific period of time. It not only records your steps walked and distance travelled but also tracks your calories burned and sleep quality.
Pros & Cons
- Smart clip works as posture trainer
- Worth the money
- Strip is easy to put on and adjust
- Padded straps
- Invisible under cloths
- Lessens back and neck pain
- Long battery life
- Fine quality brace along with compact device
- You need to be very careful about the device as you lean forward
Delimira Women’s Full Coverage Front Closure Wire
- It is made up of 94% polyamide and 6% spandex.
- Equipped with hook and eye closure.
- Gives good support to your back along with a straight posture through its X-shaped back.
- Hook and eye closure is situated at front so that it can be worn conveniently.
- Straps can be adjusted at three possible positions.
- It is a wire free bra with non-padded soft cups.
- It covers excellently through its high and wide design.
Pros & Cons
- Nice fabric
- Reduces upper back and shoulder pain
- A good compression bra
- Quite affordable
- Bulky straps
- Bottom band rolls
Does Posture Bra Really Works?
Well the answer totally depends upon how frequent and how well you use it. If you don’t use it frequently, chances are that it won’t work, but if you use it in the provided manner, they will be beneficial as they are different from the normal bra. They have more supportive straps and helpful for women with larger chest or have problem or injury there.
What are the benefits of wearing a Posture Bra?
Helps in Re-Aligning Spine
It plays a dominant role in re-aligning spine by reducing pressure over it. A posture corrector is a highly recommended item to those people who are required to sit for long hours during their job so that they can avoid injuries and pain with its regular use.
Body Get Relieved of Extra Pressure
With the aid of these posture bras, your knees, neck, shoulders and upper back parts of body get relieved of extra pressure. They also eliminate chronic fatigue issues thus making you more active and energetic throughout your routine.
Make Your Neck and Shoulder Muscles Stronger
With the permanent use of posture bras, your body gets used to remain in a position that is suitable for neck and shoulder muscles. They train your body in the best possible manner to stay erect for long hours without making much effort.
Helps to avoid Injuries and Muscular Problems
They are the best source to avoid strains, fractures, injuries and other muscular problems. Even if you are suffering from a painful neck, shoulder or back, then these posture bras are quite helpful to prevent you injury from getting worst enough. Nevertheless, recovery process gets accelerated with regular use of posture bras.
Make You Slimmer and Taller
No doubt that maintaining an erect and flawless posture gives you an alluring appearance. Wearing such posture correctors definitely make you slimmer and taller.
Boost Your Concentration
Posture bras are one of the reliable tools that boost your brain power, mood and concentration because they alleviate numerous spine related complications thus making you untroubled and contended.
They are light weight and can be carried anywhere you want. Along with this advantage, they are easily washable as well.
In simple, bras that help with posture are known as posture bra’s and they are effectively good for maintaining a healthy posture.
What to look for when choosing a Posture Bra?
First of all, do seek suggestion from your health specialist to whom you consult about your neck and shoulder pains. His recommendation will definitely be medically approved ones and will absolutely reflect their studies and the experience with other patients.
Importance of right bra size
You are supposed to give maximum consideration to your size when you are looking for a posture bra. Like normal bras, posture bras also feature back sizes and cup sizes. An incorrect size will never give required posture support. Sizes vary between brands so it’s the difficult task to get the right size. You need to have an eye at the comments that previous users made about the fit.
Selection of Adjustable Posture Bras
It is quite problematic to get an exact and accurate size of posture bra. Like normal bras, posture bras do not have straps. Some posture bras have choice of fastening positions that help to adjust the tightness. Although several models provide adjustable straps designed in different ways. So the selection of adjustable posture bra helps you to accomplish desired goals.
Wicks Away Seat
Must consider your lifestyle before the selection of posture bra. If you are a sporty person then prioritize that material which wicks away sweat. As posture bra covers large part of your body so choose the material which is breathable enough.
The market is overloaded with different posture bras of contradictory features from several brands. Before you get highly confused, just go through the ratings and reviews of previous purchasers. Longer reviews are available at online review sites that will definitely help you to explore a product from different angles.
Fitting of posture bra
Your purchase must give you a balance of comfort and posture support. It must correct your posture gently in a very comfortable manner.as soon as you receive your bra, try it on and don’t rush to remove tags until or unless you are sure of its required service along with comfort. The posture bra must fit your shoulders, bust and under bust and should not be digging or too loose.
Do Posture Bras Actually Work?
Posture bras do correct the posture but only temporarily. They fix poor posture for short term because the compression provided by the fabric across the face of the shoulders and between the shoulder blades act as the reinforcement for the user’s shoulder blades and towards the spine. The mechanical realignment of the shoulders assists in restoring the natural curve in upper spine while lifting the breasts.
Bio mechanical functioning of Posture bra
The bio mechanical functioning of posture bra is worthwhile because it definitely realigns posture while being worn. However, the exact same procedure that makes posture bras effective is also their failure. As constriction provided by the posture bra to the muscles in-between the shoulders does the job these postural muscles naturally draw the shoulders back. As a result, the mid-back muscles get weaker over time because they are being forced to rest by the compression of the posture bra’s fabric.
The result posture bras have on the mid-back muscles is indistinguishable to what happens to muscles when a brace is worn for a long period of time, and then put off. The muscles around the brace are forced into inactivity by the constriction of the cast and gently lose their strength. When the particular posture muscles get strained by the consistent constriction of the posture bra, they become weaker over time. The muscle disproportion that played role in the poor posture in the first place is now compounded.
Because of the damaging effect that posture bras have on postural musculature, they compel one to rely on posture bras in order to achieve good posture throughout their lives, which terminates posture correction bras as a good long term solution.
Who Needs a Posture Bra?
Posture bras are different then regular bra’s, thus they are designed for specific individuals specially those who are quite concerned about their posture but i feel it can be extended to following people :
- Ladies with large and big breasts.
- Females with poor posture.
- People with pain in upper back side.
- People who sit for long time without moving pose.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best posture bra?
Although everyone has different needs and requirements, however i will rate the below as top 3 posture bra’s.
- Glamorise Women’s MagicLift Front Close Posture Back Support Bra
- Leonisa Women’s Posture Corrector Wireless Back Support Bra.
- Playtex Women’s Front-Close Bra with Flex Back.
Do bras help with posture?
Yes off-course. Bra’s help with posture and with it’s alignment your body and neck blood circulation also improves.
Do bras help women’s posture or are they just for fashion?
If you seriously think that they only serve the purpose of fashion then you are completely wrong. They make the carrying the weight easier for you and improves your body structure and posture. Also it helps with tightening your breasts and give a better posture to them as well.
Why are bras so complex?
Due to different style, colour and position of breasts, sometimes choosing a good bra is a complex decision, indeed.
Resources About Posture Bras
- Posture Brace
- Common Posture Problems
- Effective Exercises For Posture Issues
- Ways to Have Great Posture As You Age
- Breast size, bra fit and thoracic pain in young women: a correlational study
- The advantages and disadvantages of wearing a bra
- Evaluation of professional bra fitting criteria for bra selection and fitting
- RESEARCH GROUP IN BREAST HEALTH
Conclusion and Final Ending on Posture Bra Reviews in 2020
I have tried to write the best possible list of posture bra review for my readers. The research is based on the products available in the market, I feel that this list is the best you will find over the web, since i spent countless hours of reading, research and comparison of various bra's to write this.