This post was most recently updated on August 7th, 2018(Last Updated On: August 7, 2018)
We all know that bad posture habits can have serious consequences on your health as well on your back. If you have a usual habit of sitting/laying on bed in bad postures or have a problem with your back, you should consider using posture brace to support your back.
- 0.1 What is Posture Brace?
- 0.2 What is Back Posture?
- 0.3 Why it is Important to take care of Back Posture Brace?
- 1 Check Best Posture Braces & Corrector in 2018
- 1.1 Posturific Brace – Doctor’s Recommended Posture Brace & Corrector
- 1.2 Posture Corrector by Vive – Upper Back & Shoulder Support Brace – Men & Women – [Great Posture Brace/Corrector]
- 1.3 StabilityAce Upper Back Posture Corrector Brace and Clavicle Support – [Posture Brace on Budget]
- 1.4 ComfyMed Posture Corrector Clavicle Support Brace CM-PB16 – [High End Posture Brace]
- 1.5 Other Posture Braces to Consider which are effectively cheap and good :
- 1.6 Sense-U SMART Posture Corrector Brace – High End Posture Braces :
- 1.7 Postural Extension Back Straightener Brace – Best Posture Brace For Men
- 1.8 Back Posture Corrector for Women Men – Effective and Comfortable Posture Brace – Best Posture Brace & Corrector on Budget
- 1.9 Ultimate Posture Corrector – Cheap Posture Brace
- 1.10 Posture Braces designed for older people :
- 1.11 Questions to ask before buying the posture corrector?
- 1.12 5 Good Uses for Posture Braces
- 1.13 Do Posture Braces Actually Work?
- 1.14 Do I need a medical prescription before buying a posture brace or a posture corrector?
- 1.15 Features To Look In the Posture Brace
- 1.16 What Type of Posture Corrector & Braces Are available in the market?
- 1.17 Posture Brace vs Posture Corrector
- 1.18 When to Wear a Posture Brace
- 1.19 When Not to Wear the Posture Brace
- 1.20 Tips for Pain Free Posture
- 1.21 Common Causes of a Poor Posture
- 1.22 Most Common Myths About Posture
- 1.23 How to Maintain a Good Posture?
- 1.24 Role of Posture in our Day to Day Activities :
- 1.25 Some Frequently Asked Questions Related to Posture Braces
- 1.26 Tips and Recommendations – General Advice Regarding Posture Brace
- 1.27 Safety provided by the posture brace
- 1.28 Patience
- 1.29 What are the disadvantages of not maintaining a good posture?
- 1.30 Further Resources
- 1.31 Final Verdict on Posture Brace and Posture Corrector Review
What is Posture Brace?
Posture Brace is an external device primarily used to help somebody to overcome their posture problems. Keeping your neck, shoulder and your back position correctly to fix the problem. Don’t forget that maintaining a good posture will result in many health advantages for you.
What is Back Posture?
Back posture as a definition relates to the way we sit while working or relaxing. We do not realize that a bad posture can have a serious negative impact on the different parts of our body. Since the spine in located in the back area , the muscles react to the way the spine bends or stretches to be more comfortable. In our hectic life, things become extremely tough and it is the spine and our back posture that causes the aches and pains that are borne by us in a regular manner.
Why it is Important to take care of Back Posture Brace?
A back posture brace is a system that corrects your posture. This system is used by those who need a support for their back .These are individuals whose back has been compromised by injury or other factors and need additional support for it to heal. While the brace is an extremely relevant support, it requires a huge amount of care. The system is extremely delicate and prone to wear and tear. If not removed and put on correctly, the chances of searching for a replacement in a short period of time is very high.
As per the research of NCBI on Scapular Bracing and Alteration of Posture and Muscle Activity in Overhead Athletes With Poor Posture, They have suggested to use commercial posture braces to overcome the posture problem and issues in quick time. So that is the reason we have shortlisted the best posture correctors available in the market for you.
Check Best Posture Braces & Corrector in 2018
Here is the list of top posture braces for men & women which have been sorted out after doing a deep research and survey on the market.
Posture Corrector by Vive – Upper Back & Shoulder Support Brace – Men & Women – [Great Posture Brace/Corrector]
- Remove the slouch by correcting the posture of the person.
- Can be used for aligning the spine no matter what issues caused it.
- This includes chiropractic in nature or just a simple aid for aligning the spine.
- Padding to provide support and durability.
- Extremely light and made from material that breathes to prevent odor and sweat accumulation.
- Can be worn under or even over clothing with relevant ease.
- Has a design replicating “8” figure. This ensures that it aligns and supports the clavicle.
- The adhesive material is adjustable and can be customized with the help of D ring.
StabilityAce Upper Back Posture Corrector Brace and Clavicle Support – [Posture Brace on Budget]
StabilityAce claims that their devices is known to get you looking and feeling great! This brace is pure light weight, easy to wash and an Easy Application with Figure 8 Design.
- Padding ensures that the user is comfortable at all times
- Can be used even in case of fractures of the clavicle or correction of the wearer’s posture.
- There are a number of different sized available to ensure that any person can use it irrespective of gender, age or chest size.
- Velcro straps combined with D-rings and design in the figure 8 provide the ultimate comfort.
- Can be washed with ease and is very light in overall weight.
- Removes pain in the back and aligns the clavicle with ease.
Also check the video :
ComfyMed Posture Corrector Clavicle Support Brace CM-PB16 – [High End Posture Brace]
ComfyMed is a well known brand in health category, they have ample of products related to shoulders, back and for other body parts. This posture brace provided by ComfyMed is known for it’s new hybrid design combined with ultra light weight and freedom of movement.
- Extremely soft materials used in design
- Provides very high degree of comfort
- Ensures that the arms are not restricted
- High end materials used for the manufacture
- Durable and provides high end support
- Can be put on without any additional help
- Can be washed with ease.
Also check the video :
Other Posture Braces to Consider which are effectively cheap and good :
While I have tried to discuss some of the best posture braces available in the market, here are few you can also consider opting for :
- TOROS-GROUP Comfort Posture Corrector Clavicle and Shoulder Support Back Brace – Perfectly suitable for upper and lower back pain. Used by ample of satisfied customers.
Due to variety of posture braces available in the market, I have separated the high end posture braces because they are slightly expensive and not everyone can afford it.
Note : Did you check the latest collection & reviews of posture bra ? do checkout in case if you are confusing the posture brace with it.
Posture Braces designed for older people :
We are conducting a market survey for posture braces exclusively designed for older people or those who have difficulty in wearing the ordinary back braces available in the market, the results will be updated shortly. If you have any suggestions do pass us via the comments section only.
Update : We have shortlisted a new one as per the people opinion.
- Stability Science’s Upper Back Posture Correction Clavicle Support Brace
Questions to ask before buying the posture corrector?
I believe the following things should be concerned before buying the posture corrector or the posture brace/ back brace.
The durability of the posture brace corrector is very important, what’s the point of buying something which doesn’t work after few months or issue starts arising? Few of the common issues can be comfortability in wearing it.
Need to Be Washable :
Sweat is common and the small human body produces with it is sometimes not bearable so it’s a good idea if it can be easily washed.
After sales support :
After sales support is very very important, specially if you are wearing it for the first time, because you may need to know how to wear, any cautions and suggestions while wearing it.
Price and comfortability
Due to heavy competition, price is also a major buying factor in posture devices, if you are spending good money for something, you want price for money too. So count this as a major factor in your buying decision.
You may need to wear posture brace for most of the time, if you want your pain or injury to start improving as soon as possible, and if it’s light weight, it will be so easy to wear it.
5 Good Uses for Posture Braces
There are many good uses of posture braces, Even having a good pose has a good impact on Social Evaluation, as per the harvard case study. Here I will discuss few of them :
Some back braces are specially designed to treat some medical conditions including Scoliosis.
Preventing backache :
Posture brace is very good for preventing backaches, since it holds your back and support it.
Make Your Spine Stronger :
Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions
Keeping bones and muscles aligned properly :
One of the great thing i like about wearing posture brace corrector is that they do help in keeping bones and muscles aligned properly, specially if you start getting older.
Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions :
If you are sitting in front of your computer for long hours or watching television, then it will help you in preventing your spine becoming fixed in abnormal position, however i also strongly recommend to maintain a good posture while even using the laptop.
Reducing mental and physical fatigue and stress :
Having a good posture can help you in reducing mental and physical fatigue and stress as per the research from University of Auckland. As per the case study, it has been greatly recommend to either maintain your good posture on your own or use any good posture corrector for that specially if you are suffering from depression.
It has also been proven, that apart from above mentioned points, posture corrector will also help in blood circulation.
Without a doubt, taking care of your back posture is equally important as compared with any other body part. Ignoring it can result in various side effects and injuries which may lead to serious health issues or diseases.
Do Posture Braces Actually Work?
If this question arises in your mind, it means you are still confused on whether to buy one or not, so let me assure you on this that they are extremely effective and work well provided you follow well the instructions provided and wear them on regular basis.
But the best thing is, even if you don’t have time to do exercises, wearing a posture brace will both correct and reduce the effects of sitting for long periods of time and help you overcome any pain over time.
Remember one thing, there is and there can not be any substitute for any exercise. Even though posture brace can be used even in case of activities like doing exercises, enjoying your cardio machine or walking, but these braces are a great help towards improving your posture.
Do I need a medical prescription before buying a posture brace or a posture corrector?
Fortunately you dont need any medical prescription or any ride to doctor to get a prescription to buy them. Posture Braces are readily available online and offline, you can buy them anywhere you want, however i do recommend going to a physician to ask if you are wearing them in the right way or not.
Features To Look In the Posture Brace
With so many great options already available in the market, you might having difficulty to which kind of posture corrector will work for you. So i have summarised few of the key things which you need to look down before making a final move.
Warranty or Guarantee of the Posture Brace
You may need to consider checking the available guarantee or warranty with the posture device so you are assured that in case of later defects, you can get it replaced easily.
Posture Corrector should be Lightweight
It should be light weight because you have to take all of it’s burden on your shoulders and since you may be wearing it most of the time so consider this a strong point before purchasing.
Our skin don’t like every fabric, every skin is designed in a custom way, what’s the point of having a fabric which doesn’t go well with your skin?
What Type of Posture Corrector & Braces Are available in the market?
There are few categories designed as per individual requirement, as one thing working for you may not work good for the other one.
Regular Posture Corrector & Braces
They are Widely known as Posture Brace or Posture Corrector or both are standard type braces and straps. They are known to support your upper back or lower back portion and helps to resolve any long term injuries or issues, you can also wear them if you feel some slight pain in your lower or upper back.
Posture shirts are usually a standard posture brace made out of elastic. As per menshealth, most of the time they are worn by sports players or those who have high amount of sweating and fluid to pass on and with most of the work done by the upper part of the body.
Posture Straps are common and widely available in the market, most of them are being used by women. However they are not known to correct any posture related issue or problem but they help you in providing extra support.
Posture Brace vs Posture Corrector
So basically what’s the difference in them? There might be some posts where you may have seen a collection of huge posture correctors and then a place where you may see reviews about posture braces. So what’s exactly difference in them? In reality, there is no difference, it’s actually the same product with two different names.
When to Wear a Posture Brace
You can’t wear the posture brace or posture corrector all the time, but here are few of the valid situations where you are recommended to wear the posture brace. Keep in mind that whenever you sit for longer period of time, watching tv or even using laptop you are susceptible to poor posture behaviour. Don’t worry, you can wear the posture brace under your clothes during these activities.
At the office :
While sitting in the office for prolong hours, or when you are focused on some sitting activity, writing project, assignment or an email or even during a long meeting, wearing a posture brace will not only help your posture but it will also make you alert and active.
When using iPad :
iPad is such an addiction that whenever you use it, you forget the time and you spend hours without realizing it. Use of a posture brace at this time, will also help you with back and shoulder pain.
If you like doing cooking or somehow you have to do cooking, don’t forget to wear the posture corrector that time.
Walking is another healthy activity and countless researches have proved the countless benefits of it. If you are going for a walk, it’s always good to wear it to improve your body structure.
Book Reading :
When you are doing book reading, you often forget the time spend in it & maintaining your posture at that time is very important which otherwise will lead to slight injuries or other problems.
When Not to Wear the Posture Brace
Although it’s good to wear posture brace whenever it is possible but there are certainly some situations where i don’t recommend wearing the posture corrector.
It is not recommend to wear it while doing swimming. You may face a lot of difficulty while swimming with it.
Since hunting is a fast physical activity and you may never know and you may suddenly had to have a fight with an animal, so it is not recommended to wear the posture brace at the time of hunting.
The training bed :
At training bed, you will be doing various exercises which includes your back and other muscles so it will be quite uncomfortable to do with the posture brace.
You have a medical injury :
If you have any medical injury, consult your doctor or physician, without it’s permission never wear it on your own.
I don’t recommend wearing the posture corrector while you are pregnant without doctor’s recommendation or permission, since there should be no risks when it comes to pregnancy and the position of posture brace can hurt the baby in some circumstances.
Tips for Pain Free Posture
Remember, as you get older, you may need to strictly follow these strategies if you want to have a great posture, because as you grow older, your bones and muscles starts to get weaker.
- Maintain your good posture while walking.
- While doing Body Lifting, having the wrong posture can result in physical injury.
- Feel positive because depression and anxiety can fuel your posture issues.
Common Causes of a Poor Posture
Most Common Myths About Posture
There are many myths about posture, some are true while some are just fabricated.
Myth #1 It’s hard to develop a good posture.
This is finest fabrication I have ever heard. Every one has a good posture unless something happens to them.
Myth #2 Bad posture can’t be changed
Many people are of the view that it may be in terms of genetic or inheritance to have a bad posture and regardless of whatever you do, it can’t be changed. However the truth is, if you correctly maintain your posture along with good exercise, you can fairly overcome it.
Myth #3 Back Pain Is Almost Always Associated with Poor Posture
While it’s certainly true that with a poor posture you will feel back pain, but it is not necessary that behind every back pain there is a bad posture.
Also there are no universal standards for a good posture, every body is different so does it’s requirement, we have to work with it.
How to Maintain a Good Posture?
Exercise and Activities
A regular exercise and a healthy life style can help you in maintaining a good posture. Yoga and martial arts are good disciplines to follow.
It is never too late to begin. Even a 90 year old men can start his exercise journey and start it. However everyone should check with a health care professional before beginning any exercise program.
Take Proper Rest to Avoid a Posture Brace
The day to day life became extremely busy and anyone don’t have a time to even take care of their own self which has resulted in poor routines and lifestyle. This routine is very tiring and not healthy at all and this stress can have negative results.
So allow your body to have a proper massage and take care of yourself.
Role of Posture in our Day to Day Activities :
Posture has a very important role in our day to day activities as defined by this infograph.
Some Frequently Asked Questions Related to Posture Braces
Tips and Recommendations – General Advice Regarding Posture Brace
There are some tips and recommendations which we generally like to suggest each women and men who are using any form of device to assist there posture to have a great posture as they age.
- These won’t work, if you don’t correct your standing style, sitting style and your posture style.
- These can only assist you to lower your pain, however you may need to visit a doctor if you feel heavy amount of pain or have problem in standing, at all.
- Posture Braces are not magic devices, so it will take some time once you keep on wearing them to produce some good results in improving your posture, remember everything takes time.
- We recommend you to do various exercises and walk along with wearing these devices if you want quick and better results.
Safety provided by the posture brace
Health is the first concern for anything, whats the point of wearing a thing which produce more harm then benefit? So there shouldn’t be any compromise on safety, so first of all we suggest you to only use and select a high quality back brace with good reviews, second thing which u need to be concerned about is there are some instructions which u need to carefully follow. (They come with purchase)
I’m repeatedly mentioning this, because everything takes time and you need to be patient if you want good and long term benefits, wearing them all the time or thinking to have a miracle within 24 hours of wearing it, will just harm, so be patient to get results as being suggested.
What are the disadvantages of not maintaining a good posture?
There are many disadvantages for your body if you have a poor posture.
- First of all, it may be very bad for your spine in the present, but it can also have disastrous effects later in life as well.
- You may feel soreness and pain all the time in your back, neck and shoulders.
- You will also have poor blood circulation in all your body due to poor posture.
- You will have mood swings which will ultimately lead you towards bad mood.
- You will also feel increased stress all over your body due to poor posture.
Final Verdict on Posture Brace and Posture Corrector Review
Although I have recommended some best posture correctors for men and women (results may vary from person to person and i have also listed reviews so you can see other people perspective on this as well) but a part from this, you also need to correct your postures (as mentioned above), the way you sit on a chair, car and how you relax etc. Posture and Body Mechanics are relatable with each other. If you are confusing it with best neck massagers, let me tell you that i have a separate post for it. It is always recommended to take doctor as well along using the above posture braces and do let me know your feedback if you have bought any of the above product, using the comment section and yes, Happy Buying! =).