We all know that bad posture habits can have serious consequences on your health as well on your back. If you have a usual habit of sitting/laying on bed in bad postures or have a problem with your back, you should consider using posture brace to support your back.
What is Back Posture?
Back posture as a definition relates to the way we sit while working or relaxing. We do not realize that a bad posture can have a serious negative impact on the different parts of our body. Since the spine in located in the back area , the muscles react to the way the spine bends or stretches to be more comfortable. In our hectic life, things become extremely tough and it is the spine and our back posture that causes the aches and pains that are borne by us in a regular manner.
What is Posture Brace?
Posture Brace is an external device primarily used to help somebody to overcome their posture problems. Keeping your neck, shoulder and your back position correctly to fix the problem. Don’t forget that maintaining a good posture will result in many health advantages for you.
Why it is Important to take care of Back Posture Brace?
A back posture brace is a system that corrects your posture. This system is used by those who need a support for their back .These are individuals whose back has been compromised by injury or other factors and need additional support for it to heal. While the brace is an extremely relevant support, it requires a huge amount of care. The system is extremely delicate and prone to wear and tear. If not removed and put on correctly, the chances of searching for a replacement in a short period of time is very high.
As per the research of NCBI on Scapular Bracing and Alteration of Posture and Muscle Activity in Overhead Athletes With Poor Posture, They have suggested to use commercial posture braces to overcome the posture problem and issues in quick time. So that is the reason we have shortlisted the best posture correctors available in the market for you.
Check Top Products in Posture Brace & Corrector in 2018
[Great Posture Brace/Corrector]
Posture Corrector by Vive – Upper Back & Shoulder Support Brace – Men & Women
- Remove the slouch by correcting the posture of the person.
- Can be used for aligning the spine no matter what issues caused it.
- This includes chiropractic in nature or just a simple aid for aligning the spine.
- Padding to provide support and durability.
- Extremely light and made from material that breathes to prevent odor and sweat accumulation.
- Can be worn under or even over clothing with relevant ease.
- Has a design replicating “8” figure. This ensures that it aligns and supports the clavicle.
- The adhesive material is adjustable and can be customized with the help of D ring.
[Posture Brace on Budget]
StabilityAce Upper Back Posture Corrector Brace and Clavicle Support
StabilityAce claims that their devices is known to get you looking and feeling great! This brace is pure light weight, easy to wash and an Easy Application with Figure 8 Design.
- Padding ensures that the user is comfortable at all times
- Can be used even in case of fractures of the clavicle or correction of the wearer’s posture.
- There are a number of different sized available to ensure that any person can use it irrespective of gender, age or chest size.
- Velcro straps combined with D-rings and design in the figure 8 provide the ultimate comfort.
- Can be washed with ease and is very light in overall weight.
- Removes pain in the back and aligns the clavicle with ease.
Also check the video :
[High End Posture Brace]
ComfyMed Posture Corrector Clavicle Support Brace CM-PB16
ComfyMed is a well known brand in health category, they have ample of products related to shoulders, back and for other body parts. This posture brace provided by ComfyMed is known for it’s new hybrid design combined with ultra light weight and freedom of movement.
- Extremely soft materials used in design
- Provides very high degree of comfort
- Ensures that the arms are not restricted
- High end materials used for the manufacture
- Durable and provides high end support
- Can be put on without any additional help
- Can be washed with ease.
Also check the video :
Other Posture Braces to Consider :
High End Posture Braces :
Posture Braces designed for older people
Questions to ask before buying the posture corrector?
5 Good Uses for Posture Braces
Without a doubt, taking care of your back posture is equally important as compared with any other body part. Ignoring it can result in various side effects and injuries which may lead to serious health issues or diseases.
Do Posture Braces Actually Work?
If this question arises in your mind, it means you are still confused on whether to buy one or not, so let me assure you on this that they are extremely effective and work well provided you follow well the instructions provided and wear them on regular basis.
But the best thing is, even if you don’t have time to do exercises, wearing a posture brace will both correct and reduce the effects of sitting for long periods of time and help you overcome any pain over time.
Remember one thing, there is and there can not be any substitute for any exercise. Even though posture brace can be used even in case of activities like doing exercises, enjoying your cardio machine or walking, but these braces are a great help towards improving your posture.
Do I need a medical prescription before buying a posture brace or a posture corrector?
Fortunately you dont need any medical prescription or any ride to doctor to get a prescription to buy them. Posture Braces are readily available online and offline, you can buy them anywhere you want, however i do recommend going to a physician to ask if you are wearing them in the right way or not.
Features To Look In the Posture Brace
With so many great options already available in the market, you might having difficulty to which kind of posture corrector will work for you. So i have summarised few of the key things which you need to look down before making a final move.
Warranty or Guarantee of the Posture Brace
You may need to consider checking the available guarantee or warranty with the posture device so you are assured that in case of later defects, you can get it replaced easily.
Posture Corrector should be Lightweight
It should be light weight because you have to take all of it’s burden on your shoulders and since you may be wearing it most of the time so consider this a strong point before purchasing.
Our skin don’t like every fabric, every skin is designed in a custom way, what’s the point of having a fabric which doesn’t go well with your skin?
What Type of Posture Corrector & Braces Are available in the market?
There are few categories designed as per individual requirement, as one thing working for you may not work good for the other one.
Regular Posture Corrector & Braces
They are Widely known as Posture Brace or Posture Corrector or both are standard type braces and straps. They are known to support your upper back or lower back portion and helps to resolve any long term injuries or issues, you can also wear them if you feel some slight pain in your lower or upper back.
Posture shirts are usually a standard posture brace made out of elastic. As per menshealth, most of the time they are worn by sports players or those who have high amount of sweating and fluid to pass on and with most of the work done by the upper part of the body.
Posture Straps are common and widely available in the market, most of them are being used by women. However they are not known to correct any posture related issue or problem but they help you in providing extra support.
Some Frequently Asked Questions Related to Posture Braces
Tips and Recommendations
General Advice Regarding Posture Brace
There are some tips and recommendations which we generally like to suggest each women and men who are using any form of device to assist there posture to have a great posture as they age.
- These won’t work, if you don’t correct your standing style, sitting style and your posture style.
- These can only assist you to lower your pain, however you may need to visit a doctor if you feel heavy amount of pain or have problem in standing, at all.
- Posture Braces are not magic devices, so it will take some time once you keep on wearing them to produce some good results in improving your posture, remember everything takes time.
- We recommend you to do various exercises and walk along with wearing these devices if you want quick and better results.
Safety provided by the posture brace
Health is the first concern for anything, whats the point of wearing a thing which produce more harm then benefit? So there shouldn’t be any compromise on safety, so first of all we suggest you to only use and select a high quality back brace with good reviews, second thing which u need to be concerned about is there are some instructions which u need to carefully follow. (They come with purchase)
I’m repeatedly mentioning this, because everything takes time and you need to be patient if you want good and long term benefits, wearing them all the time or thinking to have a miracle within 24 hours of wearing it, will just harm, so be patient to get results as being suggested.
What are the disadvantages of not maintaining a good posture?
There are many disadvantages for your body if you have a poor posture.
- First of all, it may be very bad for your spine in the present, but it can also have disastrous effects later in life as well.
- You may feel soreness and pain all the time in your back, neck and shoulders.
- You will also have poor blood circulation in all your body due to poor posture.
- You will have mood swings which will ultimately lead you towards bad mood.
- You will also feel increased stress all over your body due to poor posture.
- Posture Power: How To Correct Your Body’s Alignment
- Does Posture Correction Matter?
- Good Posture: 9 Tips For Better Posture
Final Verdict on Posture Brace and Posture Corrector
Although I have recommended some best posture correctors for men and women (results may vary from person to person and i have also listed reviews so you can see other people perspective on this as well) but a part from this, you also need to correct your postures (as mentioned above), the way you sit on a chair, car and how you relax etc. Posture and Body Mechanics are relatable with each other. If you are confusing it with best neck massagers, let me tell you that i have a separate post for it. It is always recommended to take doctor as well along using the above posture braces and do let me know your feedback if you have bought any of the above product, using the comment section and yes, Happy Buying! =).